Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Hunting Binocular Reviews
Unless you have the eyes of an eagle, binoculars can do wonders for your long-range eyesight. Hunters worldwide look to supercharge their vision with the best hunting binoculars they can afford.
There are a plethora of binoculars on the market, but quality hunting binoculars can’t be judged on their outward appearance. That is a recipe for disappointment.
That’s why we bring you our review on the best hunting binoculars under $200.
Binoculars also offer tremendous benefits for everything from bird watching to general sight seeing. How you plan to use your binoculars will guide your decision making process.
Top Hunting Binoculars Comparison
Best Hunting Binoculars
The performance to price ratio is an important consideration when you’re looking for the best hunting binoculars on the market, and the Vortex Optics Diamondback Hunting binoculars are a fantastic choice. You’re looking for efficiency and high-performance, and the Vortex Optics Diamondback Hunting binoculars can deliver.
With enhanced, dielectric multi-coated lenses, you get a stunning picture even in lower light. It’s always important to have the right low-light performance when you’re choosing hunting binoculars, particularly when bird watching and glassing game.
The Vortex Optics Diamondback Hunting binoculars have an ultra-wide view that is the best in the field. You can pinpoint your target and cover more ground than you think, and because it’s both aesthetically pleasing and functional, you get the hunting binoculars that have the sleekest look.
Some of the most significant benefits of Vortex Optics Diamondback Hunting binoculars include:
- Waterproof & Fogproof. When you’re on the cliffs trying to see the baby eagles sleeping in a nest, you need to be fully covered when the rains come. The Vortex Optics Diamondback Hunting binoculars are 100% waterproof and fog proof, so you’re not going to have your vision impaired by the elements. Internal fogging is something that happens in most binoculars, particularly when the temperature drops, but argon gas inside the barrels of the binoculars does not fog up like oxygen, giving your clarity.
- Rubber Coating. Rubber is a sought-after material in hunting binoculars, given that it makes binoculars easy to hold onto. The Vortex Optics Diamondback Hunting binoculars have a rubber coating to make them sturdy!
Comfort. Whether you’re hunting for game or bird watching as a hobby, you need to feel comfortable with your binoculars against your eyes. The Vortex Optics Diamondback Hunting binoculars come with adjustable eyepieces, giving you the fit that you need!
- 10x magnification and 32mm objective lenses, these Diamondback binoculars are the workhorse of Vortex lineup; known for impressive optical quality and durability.
- Dielectric, fully multi-coated lenses transmit more light and clearer, brighter images. A field of view that is one of the largest in its class helps you efficiently glass your surroundings and identify your target.
- A sleek, short hinge design with rubber armor and thumb indents leaves more room for your hands creating an easier, secure, non-slip grip.
- Multi-position eyecups twist up for adjustable eye relief. A right eye diopter accomodates for focal differences in your eyes.
- Argon purging and rubber armor provide enhanced waterproof and fogproof performance in extreme weather conditions. Field of View: 340 feet/1000 yards|6.5 degrees
Did you know that the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10×42 binoculars won the 2013 Binocular of the Year Award? It’s a big deal because the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10×42 binoculars have been the winners for three years running.
These hunting binoculars impress their users as they don’t disappoint the user in any way. These are the best binoculars for the money, and their popularity through word of mouth among users speaks for itself.
These hunting binoculars provide an outstanding experience for the user, and there are many features available with the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10×42 binoculars that you need to know about.
- Lightweight. Given that the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10×42 binoculars weigh only 2.2lb, they’re easy to carry around and use no matter where you are.
- 10 x 42 Viewing. Most hunting binoculars on the market have numbers next to their name, and some don’t know what these numbers stand for. The Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10×42 binoculars mean that you can see the object you’re viewing at ten times the size that you’d usually see it, and the 42 refers to the size of the lens. A 42 circumference is on the large side, and it allows a lot of light to be let through the binoculars, which gives them the best chance of a clear image.
- Waterproof and Fogproof. Avid hikers will love the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10×42 binoculars for their waterproof and fog proof abilities. You won’t have to worry about being put off by the rain, meaning that you can view your subject with confidence. No matter the weather, the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10×42 binoculars will never go foggy and impair your vision.
ED Prime Glass. The Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10×42 binoculars use ED Prime Glass which is designed purely to create an image that is clear and clean, making it easy to see anything.
- Open bridge magnesium chassis; Rain Guard HD water repellent coating; 8x magnification and 42mm objective lens
- Lead free glass; PC-3 phase coating for enhanced resolution; ultra wide band coatings for anti reflection
- Fully multi-coated optics; waterproof and fog proof; tripod adaptable
- Roof prism design; BaK-4 prism glass with dielectric coating; centre focus system; twist up eyecups
- 426' field of view at 1000 yards; 6.5' close focus
When you’re looking for the best binoculars for hunting, you need to think about how the Nikon PROSTAFF 5 12×50 can enhance your experience. These are weather-sealed, with fully multi-coated optics which create the right environment for mid-range viewing tasks.
With a 52 apparent viewing angle and a minimum focus distance of 16ft, these are the hunting binoculars perfect for sports fans and nature enthusiasts alike.
The Eco-Glass optics in the Nikon PROSTAFF 5 12×50 are made with materials that have been sourced responsibly, and they do not contain toxic materials like lead or arsenic. The Nikon PROSTAFF 5 12×50 is lightweight while also shock resistant and durable, which makes it strong enough to withstand impact.
The housing of the Nikon PROSTAFF 50 12×5 hunting binoculars is filled with nitrogen, which enables a performance that remains fogproof, with a rubber-armoured for perfect handling. The Nikon PROSTAFF 5 12×50 also allows the maximum user comfort with 15.5mm eye relief and the turn and slide eyecups. So, even if you’re wearing glasses, you’re going to feel comfortable.
There are hunting binoculars that are built for any situation, and the Nikon PROSTAFF 5 12×50 are a set that is perfect for the user, and they have an unmatched clarity. Nikon PROSTAFF 5 12×50 are double coated, and this is purely to promote the best possible version around. These have the lenses that are perfect in no light or twilight environments.
This is a model that is highly resistant to dust, and they don’t shatter easily. Even if they do break, they are covered by a Nikon warranty. As a quality brand, Nikon surpasses all other hunting binoculars with their quality, power and dependability.
Overall, the hunting binoculars themselves are worth the price that you pay, and there’s no other hunting binoculars company out there that will give you a free pair if you break them.
- See the outdoors up close in bright, lifelike color thanks to fully multicoated lens and prism system
- Large 50mm objective lenses enhance viewing capability in lower light, lower contrast situations accompanying dawn and dusk
- PROSTAFF 5's turn-and-slide eyecups and long eye relief provide a comfortable view for everyone, even when wearing eyeglasses
When you’re looking for the best hunting binoculars, you know that Vortex is a brand that has your back. The Crossfire series has enhanced performance, and you don’t have to spend over the budget to get your hands on your own set of Vortex Crossfire Binoculars, either.
Vortex is a manufacturer that understands people who are using their product want high-quality optics, and that’s what they deliver. You need hunting binoculars to give you the performance that you want, and Crossfire Binoculars come with 10x the power, which is useful for most applications.
Outdoor sports and shooting activities are easily accommodated with the Vortex Crossfire Binoculars, and you can single out your target from quite far away when you use this model.
The lenses of these hunting binoculars are multi-coated, which allows for the best possible image quality. The Vortex Crossfire Binoculars optics are signature of the company, with all the models in the Crossfire series having this feature.
It’s so important when it comes to light transmission, and it’s essential when it comes to low light conditions and twilight conditions. Outdoor hunting – even the dim morning or evening – is more comfortable with the Vortex Crossfire Binoculars.
With a full field of view, this is a model that works well when you are searching your surroundings. It’s great for wide open spaces, allowing you to scan the environment and locate your target quickly. It’s one of the best things that people love about the Vortex Crossfire Binoculars.
Lastly, it comes with rubber armoring that will keep the Vortex Crossfire Binoculars working correctly and provide grip. The coating that Vortex chooses to use keeps it clean and sleek, looking impressive at all times. It remains a product that is durable and non-slip, with impressive magnification power. The model is also fogproof, making it perfect at all temperatures.
- 12x magnification and 50mm objective lenses, this Crossfire is a quality, performance driven binocular perfect for your next hunt. Fully multi-coated lenseses promote excellent light transmission and clarity for impressive views.
- A wide field of view and enhanced depth of field help you quickly find what you were looking for when scanning your environment.
- Twist-up eyecups, a smooth center focus wheel, and right eye diopter give you precise functionality.
- Rubber armoring with clean, sleek styling provides a durable non-slip grip.
- With nitrogen purging, you will be ready for all weather conditions with fogproof and waterproof barrels. Field of View: 273 feet/1000 yards|5.2 degrees
The Leupold Mckenzie Binoculars are fully waterproof and fog proof, with the ability to be adapted to any tripod. These are hunting binoculars with fully multi-coated lenses and the BAK-4 prisms in a light chassis body of 22oz in weight, and this has the ideal 10×42 platform.
This model holds its own, and so many users report a great size base. It’s one of the most affordable products in the Leupold Mckenzie Binoculars group, and the aligned oculars and objective lenses of the Leupold Mckenzie Binoculars are aesthetically pleasing to the user.
However, this is a model that is more complicated to make, with special coatings required. This isn’t a limitation that cannot be overcome, though, turning these Leupold Mckenzie Binoculars into excellent optics.
The Leupold Mckenzie Binoculars have the advantage of a lighter weight and rugged build, with the extra detail needed to make the prisms of the Leupold Mckenzie Binoculars more sturdy. The light splits in two and then combines in roof prisms, meaning the light loss is significant with porro prisms. These are still able to have superior optics that maintain the right color and improve light transmission.
All of this makes for one of the best hunting binoculars under $200. There have, however, been some minor complaints from previous users, who describe stiff focus rings. Early production saw the occasional lens assembly popping out. However, despite these complaints, these are minor and the exception to the rule. Regardless, Leupold Mckenzie Binoculars have a warranty that covers any issues that are encountered in the field.
- Model #173790 BX-1 Mckenzie 12x50mm in Shadow Gray
- 100% waterproof, Fog proof, & shockproof
- Fully multi-coated lens system ensures maximum brightness for clarity, contrast, and color fidelity
- Bak 4 Prisms deliver a perfectly round exit pupil with virtually no edge distortion and a crisp, clear image
- Open bridge, Roof Prism design - extremely lightweight and ergonomic